Berish Family 2010

Berish Family 2010

My Other Blogs

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ma'Kai Julian


Ma'Kai is 6 weeks old today. It feels like I just had him yesterday but yet he is almost 2 months old. My precious baby. He's so cute.

Everyone's been asking of details from when i went into labor and i haven't gotten a chance to tell it. I've told some, but i'm tired of repeating it, lol. Unfortunately, i have no pictures to post but these because Michael has taken the cord to my hard drive back to Lajes and I am still in WA.

He was due, March 26 but I knew he was coming sooner than that. The boys and I got here from Lajes the week of February 22. It wasn't a bad trip. The boys were a big help as I thought they would be. They should know how to travel by now, lol. As pregnant as I was... we were slow getting everywhere but we made it.

Michael had to test for Tech, so he couldn't leave the island until the 12th of March. He took the 1st plane out of Lajes and to McGuire. When we looked at plane tickets it was almost $200 cheaper for him to come on a weekday... so he decided he was just going to drive to North Carolina from McGuire and spend time with his family. I had no problem with it, just hoped he would get to me on time. But just as long as he was on state-side grounds, I was good. So we decided, he would fly into Sea-Tac Tuesday night.

So Monday comes around, I talk to Michael. His Uncles decided they wanted to take him out that night before he left. I go to bed... I roll over at about 5 in the morning and i feel a gush. Lol. i literally did roll over... i was trying to get out of bed to go use the bathroom... so i went. It was still coming. I looked down at my stomach and said "Really?? We are supposed to pick your Dad up at the airport tonight?" I stand there for a minute... and it's still coming. So I get my stuff together... get changed, get cleaned up. Basically, i am taking my time. I take a pic of the boys and a pic of me... then i go and wake up my Mom. She wakes up my Dad, and we head out to Madigan.

I finally get there, it's after 6am, because like I said, I like to take my time, and Madigan is 10 minutes away from my parents house. I was thinking, I should've had my Dad stop by McDonalds before we go there. But oh well... I was hungry. I just knew it was going to be a long day. So around 7am, my Dad's in the waiting area waiting... lol... I had the nurse tell him he can go home. He had to work later that morning and i would call if i needed him.

So i was by my lonesome at the hospital... that's never happened before. It was actually really peaceful and it didn't bother me at all. My Mom, the responsible grandparent, had the boys skip school that day... of course, and they came out around 1130. I guess my Mom was thinking the whole time that I had baby and when they got there, the boys were looking for him. Nope not yet... by that point I was at a 4... they expected me to have the baby around 7pm-10pm that night... hahaha... LOL. Like I said, I was at a 4. The pain was tolerable, so the anesthesiologist was going to do 2 before me. So while I waited, I told my Mom to take the boys and get some lunch, i was probably gonna nap and i would call her. Still at a 4... I talked to Michael... he was headed to the airport...

I think i might have taken a little nap... in and out for about an hour... then the pain was starting to get ot me... but i could still tolerate it. Of course, there was an emergency C-Section so the anesthesiologist wasn't available. What felt like hours was on 20 minutes... but in those 20 minutes I got to a 7 and the pain was getting worse. So she finally came in to give me my epidural. I did NOT like her too much. She took her time and she sure didn't listen. She kept telling me that she would stop when i was having a contraction but yet when i was she was yelling at me to sit up straight and don't move... in my mind... she was lucky i was contracting and it hurt cuz i wanted to turn around and punch her... it was that annoying. LOL.. Finally I get the freakin' epidural. In 10 minutes... that button was pushed 5 times... i felt it going down my back... but the pain was not going anywhere... it was getting worse. All i could do was close my eyes... I don't know what this feels like... I was numb with the other two. OMG... I was in pain!! The epidural wasn't working... I kept telling them i feel like pushing... in a 10 minute time frame, i was checked (7) and got an epidural , then checked... and ready to push. He was born at 1:34 pm on March 16th. NO ONE was there... but it was all good. I tried to call Michael but he was dropped off at the airport with phone. His cousin found out before he did... lol. The phone was ringing and ringing... during the pushing part... still don't know who it was. Luckily, he called before he boarded... and I asked him if he heard what was in the backround... he was disappointed he wasn't there. But wasn't surprised, of course.

I am glad I had the whole day to myself because after the baby... my Mom, brother, mother-in-law, tashaun, ja'mari, eleena, dante, and nikki were at the hospital... for the rest of the evening... until Michael got there finally at 10pm.

So it was a long story... so i'm glad i got to write it down. There's details missing... but i made it short, lol.

That was a painful delivery I might say. I could honestly say... I can go through it again and be fine... but who wants to?? If I don't have to feel the pain... i'm all for it... but it took me a long time to recover from that. I could barely walk without pain even 2 weeks after the baby. Everything was so different with pregnancy, labor, and postpartum.



1 comment:

  1. That was a great story! I am sorry your husband did not make it. I have delivered two without epidural and the recovery was way better. We shall see how number 4 goes. He is a beautiful baby and has entered a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete