Berish Family 2010

Berish Family 2010

My Other Blogs

Friday, April 30, 2010

More to deal with...

I should've known... i should've know that my trip home would go as smoothly as planned. Why would it?? From the beginnning, since i found out I was pregnant, i've had to go through so many obstacles and apparently there more to come...

So it starts with the passport issues... and at the end... i could've taken care of that when i first found out I was pregnant too. They kept telling me I had to renew my (Philippine) passport in person. I coudln't do over the mail like i did the last time because they had a new policy. So, i'm stressing trying to figure out what to do, when to leave, where to go... probably half the reason why i didn't gain but 6 pounds by 8 months. Anyway... so i finally decide, i'm coming home. The EMLs take 3 weeks... but i get it. It was a good trip to Baltimore then back here, WA. First things first... as pregnant as i was... i was trying to get everything done before the baby came... and i know i was really supposed to be resting but there was just too much to do. I get here and start the passport process and they tell me... "Oh, Ma'am, you can just do that over the mail." WHAT!? You mean to tell me I could have done this 6 months ago?? I was relieved because i didn't have to go anywhere (CA). But pissed off... cuz really?? It could have been done already!! Then I would not have had to go through all that freaking stress!!

So, now... of course, EMLs... of course mine has expired (Apr. 30). Gotta get new ones... Michael's working on it and today he emails me saying that there is a problem. So he calls me as he gets home from work and he tells me that they won't give him any. He can't get anymore EMLs. You get 2 in a year?? Why not?? They tell him that we can travel without him. He has to be with us in order to get back to Lajes... WHAT!!?? OMG!! What else... ?? Basically, that's all we know right now. He's going to get a hold of the commander and see what he can do.

I am still planning on leaving here (WA) on the 14th and flying out to BWI. My Mom is flying out there with to help me with the kids and the luggage, so that's a plus. Hopefully we get on that plane May 15th... the boys are really missing their Daddy and so am I.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! That is just crazy. Got to love the military. I pray that it will all work out just fine. God has a plan and he will not leave your family seperated!

    ReplyDelete