Berish Family 2010

Berish Family 2010

My Other Blogs

Saturday, July 16, 2011

can't sleep... Part 1- PCS from the Azores

It's quite sometime again... so i figured since i can't sleep and i've read everyone's updates on FB and checked my emails... lol... i thought i would catch up on some blogging.  A lot has gone on since my last one... i'm not in the Azores anymore... that's for sure, lol.

Once again, a rough PCS... i had to leave no later that 36 weeks... i left a week early... got lucky and they finally had official orders in and we got Ja'Mari's passport just in time for us to leave.  The movers came after i leave... so i wasn't there to keep an eye on them... my husband, my poor husband, who doesn't know much about "our stuff" (LOL) did it all on his own... and TG he skyped me to ask about a few things... and I had to remind him not to forget the shed... (THIS TIME!!)  Which he pretty much did, lol... when PCSing from Oki... he forgot the shed and the backyard... which didn't make me too happy at all... all i did was leave to pick TaShaun up from school... and it happened to be the day of his birthday/going away party at school so i was gone for an hour... i thought he had it... which made me very skeptical about this move and this packing situation without my supervision, lol... i hope it all went fine.   I know i will probably get some trash, some things i didn't want... as long as i'm not missing something i did want... lol.  Already know of 1 thing... it's ok though... i can live without...

The kids at the terminal at Lajes, waiting for the people coming from Italy to deboard the plane and AMC to clean and fill the tank so we can head to Norfolk!!






Passed out as soon as we got on the plane, he got in the car seat, grabbed and blankey and was out!!



35 and 4 days pregnant, the 3 boys and I took the flight to Norfolk that ended up being SO freakin' long!!
Flight was normal, but getting through customs... who knew it would take 2 hours?? I hated leaving my husband behind again... this time was different, we were PCSing... we've always done that together but he couldn't leave yet and i had to GO!!!  It was nice of my sweet island girls to see me off... and for the boys to be able to say good bye to their friends... again... as hard as it is for them.  It was also nice to be able to get on the same flight as Mike, Carrie, and the boys... funny how we got there on the same plane and leave there on the same plane.  It was nice for our boys to be able to keep themselves occupied and spend time with each other before we went our separate ways... we got to Norfolk and end up staying at the same hotel... and we departed the next afternoon... they were on their way to NC and i was headed back to WA.  They were truly awesome people and hope our paths cross again...







It was a long day of traveling from VA to WA... didn't get in until after midnight... as always... my boys did awesome... including Ma'Kai.  I couldn't have asked for better boys, so well behaved and oh so very helpful!!  They're the best!!!  They helped with the suitcases... but most of all they helped with Ma'Kai... TaShaun carrying the infant carrier everywhere... instead of bringing 2 carseats... i left Ma'Kai's to be packed up (both of them) and brought in the infant carrier for him to sleep and go into on the plane and my Dad bought him another car seat when we got here cuz of course that was cheaper then getting a new stroller and car seat for baby.

Before getting to WA we had a layover at JFK... i DID NOT expect to get onto a small place!!  OMG!!  I'm not the biggest fan of flying but small planes scare me, lol... but the boys loved it of course!!











Made to JFK and now we are on our way to WA... it was a long flight and the boys pretty much slept the entire time.  But this time, i think Ma'Kai was overly rested cuz he was a tad bit whiny... didn't care too much and expected it more since he was so great during the entire trip anyway.












1 comment:

  1. sounds like a adventure for sure! Glad you made it safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete